CPAT logo

The Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust News - old stories

Dalrhiw walk

A small but select group of local enthusiasts joined CPAT’s Nigel Jones on Saturday 16 April for a history walk to Dalrhiw lead mine, organised by the Elan Valley Trust. The mine is one of several within the Elan Estate and was in operation between 1850 and 1881. Both Dalrhiw and Nant y Car South, which lies on the opposite bank of the stream, were surveyed in detail by CPAT during the 1990s and feature in ‘Mountains and Orefields’, a CBA publication on the metal mines of mid and north-east Wales.

Nigel Jones, May 2011


Back to CPAT Old News Page


Privacy and cookies