CPAT Regional Historic Environment Record
PRN 42425 - Pinewood Tavern
NGR :- SJ2241807588 (SJ20NW)
Listed Building 16607 (II )
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Welshpool
Prefered site type :- 19th century - House (Building - Intact )
The following is from Cadw's Listed Buildings database
Nos 1-2 Broad Street form a single building probably built c1800 on land that had previously been an open courtyard in front of the market hall which was demolished in 1761. Previously (and perhaps originally) The Boars Head Public House
Painted brick with slate roof, hipped on corner with Hall Street; gable end stack to right. 3 storeys, 3-window range. Ground floor entirely renewed with C20 public house frontage, but 16-pane sash windows with flat arched gauged brick heads survive on
the upper floors. Canted bay window (a later C19 insertion) to the right of the first floor, with lower 8-pane sash window above it. Nogged eaves band. Long full-height rear wing to No 2, with mono-pitched roof.
Part of a group of late C18-early C19 commercial properties in the town centre, and having group value with the town hall.
Robert Owen, 'Welshpool Landmarks', Montgomeryshire Collections, Vol.38, 1918, p.172.
CPAT , 2004 , ,
Cadw Listing database , 2000 , ,
, last updated 28/01/2003
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2005 (and in part © Crown, 2005 - as indicated)
CM - 16/04/2005 ( 06:53:29 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional HER
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email firstname.lastname@example.org , website www.cpat.org.uk