CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record

PRN 37425 - Pandy Rhiwsaeson mill

NGR :- SH903043 (SH90SW)
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- Post Medieval ? - Fulling mill (Document - Unknown )

Site of fulling mill. No further information.

A map in the Wynnstay Survey of 1763 depicts tenter racks in two enclosures called Cae Deintr and Cae Dintr and another enclosure called Dol Nessa yr Pandy (NLW, Wynnstay Cyfeiliog Survey 1763, map vol. 1). It appears that the pandy was in use at this time and was on a tributary stream to the Rhiwsaeson.(Barton P.G,1999,54).

Sources:-
Barton, P G , 1997 , ,
Barton, P G , 1999 , "A history and conspectus of Montgomeryshire water corn mills ", The Montgomeryshire Collections 87 , 54 .
Jenkins, J G , 1969 , The Welsh Woollen Industry ,

record created 31/12/97 , last updated 16/08/00
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, CPAT SMR partnership, 2003 (and in part Crown, 2003)



CM - 15/11/03 ( 19:59:16 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email trust@cpat.org.uk , website www.cpat.org.uk