CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 37426 - Pandy 'r Cock mill
NGR :- SH902034 (SH90SW)
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Llanbrynmair
Prefered site type :- Post Medieval ? - Fulling mill (Document - Unknown )
Site of fulling mill. No further information.
In 1763, Gabriel William paid annual rent of £4 for a fulling mill and a garden at the east end of the New Inn in the village of Llanbryn-mair. The weir and race of this mill appear on maps of 1763 and 1891 (NLW, Wynnstay Cyfeiliog Survey 1763 map, vol. 1;
OS 6in 1891). The mill was by Pont y Cock in the village.(Barton P.G,1999,54).
Barton, P G , 1997 , ,
Barton, P G , 1999 , "A history and conspectus of Montgomeryshire water corn mills ", The Montgomeryshire Collections 87 , 54 .
Jenkins, J G , 1969 , The Welsh Woollen Industry ,
Kennedy, A E , 2003 , Glyn Arthur, Llandyrnog - NE/05/4251: Tir Gofal Historic Environment Report - HE2 , CPAT Report 603 December 2003 .
, last updated 16/07/2004
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2004 (and in part © Crown, 2004 - as indicated)
CM - 02/09/2004 ( 12:39:06 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email email@example.com , website www.cpat.org.uk