CPAT Regional Sites & Monuments Record
PRN 72013 - Welshpool, William Clive's Vicarage
NGR :- SJ22590760 (SJ20NW)
Unitary authority :- Powys
Community :- Welshpool
Prefered site type :- Post Medieval - Vicarage (Document - Destroyed )
Vicarage built in 1819 for William Clive to replace earlier building (PRN 72012). Timbers from the original vicarage were re-used. It was enlarged in the 1850's and the coach house and stables were re-built. It was demolished in the 1950's when the
modern vicarage was constructed (PRN 72014) (Brown, R L, 1996, 53-8).
Brown, R L , 1996 , "A house and a stipend. Housing and providing for the Vicar of Welshpool ", Sayce Papers 2 , 53-8 .
Jones, N W, Silvester, R J & Britnell, W J , 2003 , Montgomery Canal Conservation Management Strategy. Landscape Archaeology Assessment , CPAT Report 550 .
Assessment CPAT / 2003(31/08/03) -
Desktop study CPAT / 2003(31/08/03) -
HLC CPAT / 2003(31/08/03) -
, last updated 10/05/04
The above data are supplied by CPAT in partnership with its Local Authorities and the partners of END, © CPAT SMR partnership, 2004 (and in part © Crown, 2004 - as indicated)
CM - 10/05/04 ( 12:09:09 ) - HTML file produced from CPAT's Regional SMR
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust, Curatorial Section, 7a Church Street, Welshpool, Powys SY21 7DL.
tel (01938) 553670 , fax (01938) 552179, email email@example.com , website www.cpat.org.uk